Full Time - Exempt
Monday through Saturday Availability Required
Role: An Assistant Vice President Branch Market’s primary responsibility is to facilitate the growth and development of the branch with assets under $50 million while ensuring exceptional member service is being delivered. To accomplish this, the Assistant Vice President Branch Market is responsible for supervising the Assistant Market Manager and/or Financial Service Specialists and overseeing the member services operations of the branch. Also, the Assistant Vice President Branch Market is responsible for exercising independent judgment in the areas of branch operations and staffing and providing a full array of deposit and lending services.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
30% - Monitors branch operating results relative to established objectives and ensures appropriate steps are taken to correct unsatisfactory conditions.
25% - Provide deposit services information to members and recommend appropriate products to meet their needs. Manage the lending function for the branch and underwrites consumer loans up to the amount assigned per credit union policy.
15% - Hires, reviews, schedules, trains, and monitors the work of branch personnel. Conducts performance reviews and allocates resources to meet operational needs within the department.
10% - Maintains communications with main office and management; prepares and submits standard reports; attends scheduled management meetings.
10% - Represents the branch and credit union as appropriate in relationships with members, sponsor organizations(s), suppliers, other financial institutions and similar groups.
5% - Monitors all branch activities to ensure they are in compliance with established credit union policies and procedures.
5% - Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- Provide informed, professional and accurate service and support to all members and associates.
- Maintain or exceed annual budgeted branch operating and growth plan while maintaining or improving the financial stability of the branch.
- Effectively evaluate the efficiency of the branch and develop specific recommendations for improvements to personnel, facilities, products, pricing, policies, and processes.
- Meet or exceed the established budgeted branch goals each month and ensure the attainment of goals for each individual branch team member.
- Research and execute deposit growth strategies for the branch; provide deposit services information to members and recommend appropriate products to meet their needs.
- Manage the lending function for the branch; provide lending information, interview applicants and approve loans up to authorized level for consumer loans including but not limited to auto loans, home equity loans and mortgages.
- Promote a sales culture within the branch by example. Coach and develop employees to identify cross sales opportunities.
- Supervises member service operations and monitors activity at the branch to ensure quality service is provided to members adjusting workloads as necessary. Responsible for training, motivating, scheduling, coordinating and evaluating staff including making recommendations concerning hiring, promoting and terminating employees.
- Keep management staff and supervisor informed of branch activities and employee job performance. Make recommendations concerning improvements to operations at the branch. Upon approval, implement recommendations.
- Develop and maintain business partner relationships with the community by calling on potential and current Select Employee Groups (SEGs) and coordinating branch participation in community activities.
- Initiate and actively develop relationships with top depositors, most profitable members and other key membership groups identified for the branch.
- Assist with researching and developing products and services that would benefit branch demographics and presenting ideas and recommendations to management.
- Monitor the branch cash fund, including disbursement, replenishment and reconcilement. Order weekly vault cash shipment for branch. Verify daily balances for Member Service Representatives at branch.
- Assist in developing and implementing credit union policies and procedures while ensuring the branch is in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Perform member services related duties as necessary, including but not limited to operating a cash drawer, opening new accounts and balancing accounts.
- Manage, coordinate and recommend purchase of equipment and supplies.
- Responsible for general day-to-day maintenance of the branch facility. Communicate maintenance needs to the Facilities & Maintenance Specialist to ensure building and grounds are well maintained.
- Provide service and support for maintenance of credit union ATMs as needed.
- Assist other departments and branches as needed.
- Responsible for monitoring and implementing safety and security policies, procedures and mechanisms at the branch.
- Travel to attend meetings, conferences, seminars and workshops relevant to the job.
- Participate in training and professional development activities to acquire and maintain standards established by the credit union. This could include attending conferences, seminars and workshops as directed by management.
- Becomes familiar with and abides by policies, procedures and guidelines set forth by the credit union, e.g. Security; Bank Secrecy Act; Identity Theft and Red Flags; Cash Over/Short Guidelines; Check Cashing and Holds; Confidentiality; etc.
- Maintain a current understanding of lending regulations and comply with policies and regulations including, but not limited to, Bank Secrecy Act, Truth in Lending, Fair Lending, RESPA, HMDA, FCRA and the SAFE Act.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Education - Requires a high school education or equivalent.
Experience - Three to five years of similar or related experience in a Credit Union or banking environment. Prior supervisory and consumer lending experience preferred.
Interpersonal Skills - A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and/or is usually of a personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating or influencing others. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary.
Other Skills - Requires intermediate mathematical skills (calculations and concepts involving decimals, percentages, fractions, etc.). Requires ability to operate a computer.
Service 1st Federal Credit Union provides equal opportunity without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law in employment and in our business activities.